OPlite GTR S3
- Good value for money
- Wide range of adjustments for optimal comfort
- Comfortable and resistant
- Aerodynamic construction for better stability
- Compatible with Fanatec, Logitech and Thrustmaster brands
- Scalable with the ability to add additional accessories
- Heavy and cumbersome
- Simple design and available in one color
- Additional accessories not included, implying an additional cost
Our rating : 9.2/10
The world of video games, and especially racing simulation games, has seen a real boom in the evolution of living room driving bucket seats.
If this has allowed to recreate the sensations of a car race at home, it is also a real new market of products, each more fascinating than the other, that has opened.
There are so many models of simulation seats, of all types of range and with so many different characteristics that it is not easy to find your way around or to know what to buy when you want to equip yourself. We are here to advise you.
It is the French brand Oplite that we will talk about in this article and in particular its cockpit Oplite GTR S3. This simulation seat worthy of a real rally race is the talk of the town and that’s why we tested it for you. Here we present you all its specificities, its advantages and disadvantages, for which type of player it is suitable, where you can buy it and at what price.
The characteristics of the Oplite GTR S3 Cockpit
The Oplite GTR S3 takes its name from the famous GTR slogan which stands for Gran Turismo Racer. This is a high-end simulation seat that was designed by professionals, for professionals and enthusiasts who love racing.
Here is a list of the main features of the Oplite GTR S3:
- The GTR is a state-of-the-art simulator that was designed by sim-racing professionals.
- It is a bucket seat with a fiberglass-reinforced polyester shell, with black satin finishes.
- Its cover is made of black microfiber with a high density foam (32 Kg/m3).
- The steering wheel support plate of the Oplite GTR Cockpit is adjustable. It is adjustable from top to bottom (±30°) and its inclination is ±30°.
- The pedal support is also adjustable. It allows you to adjust the front/back position (±108 mm) as well as the inclination from 0° to 27°, so that it can fully adapt to your morphology.
- The Oplite GTR Cockpit gaming seat is compatible with all Thrustmaster products and steering wheels(T150 RS and TMX not included), Fanatec and Logitech (G25, G27, G29, G920) and other lesser known brands.
- The chassis profile is aerodynamic, which increases safety and stability during play. It is made of a very elegant tubular steel of 48 mm diameter and 2 mm thickness. It is covered with a black matte paint of high resistance. It also has 8 skids that are non-slip and provide excellent stability.
- The Oplite GTR Cockpit gaming seat was laser cut to allow for precision assembly.
- There are five large harness loops and the seat is compatible with 3 or 4 point harnesses.
- There are two guide rings for easy storage of the different cables.
- Dimensions: L 60 x W 154 x H 116 cm
- Weight: 33 Kg
For what type of person?
The Oplite GTR S3 seat is in our opinion a cockpit that is particularly suitable for regular players.
This does not make it incompatible with beginner players, since even novices should be able to install it with ease and it is very easy to learn. However, it is an imposing and cumbersome seat that does not fold, so we recommend it to people who have a large space to install it.
The Oplite GTR Cockpit can be adjusted to fit everyone, big or small. It can be used for competitions with friends or family, as the seat can be adapted to both children and parents.
The Oplite GTR Cockpit simulator seat has many advantages in our opinion. It is a cockpit that is very popular, first of all because it offers a very good quality-price ratio. It is a model that is solid and durable, which makes its investment worthwhile.
One of the big advantages of this model is that it offers a wide range of position and adjustment of the seat, but also of the pedals. The Oplite GTR Cockpit adapts and adjusts to your body shape, your needs or your desires. It’s a guarantee that you’ll always drive in the best conditions.
Comfort is also guaranteed with this model from Oplite. You’re immersed in the game and in the race, while sitting comfortably for hours on a high-density foam.
The aerodynamic construction of the frame guarantees stability throughout its use, which increases the comfort of the seat.
In addition to being comfortable, the Oplite GTR Cockpit gaming seat is made from very strong materials. This model is therefore really resistant, but it also absorbs shocks very easily. The fiberglass is reinforced on this model and therefore guarantees more robustness to this seat and the structure is also very robust and rigid. All this makes for a very good quality simulation seat that has been designed to last over time and should thus accompany you for a long time in your racing games.
Another positive and not insignificant point concerning the Oplite GTR Cockpit is that it is compatible with all the products of the brands Fanatec, Logitech but also Thrustmaster (except for the T150 RS and the TMX). In fact, all the supports are pre-drilled so that you can install your equipment without too much difficulty.
It’s really nice that the Oplite GTR Cockpit racing seat is a very safe seat, especially with its 5 wide harness passages.
This model of seat was thought by the brand Oplite so that you can make it evolve in time. You can add if you wish a screen support, a gearbox support or a handbrake support to create a complete cockpit.
As the Oplite brand is one of the few French brands on the playseat market, with the Oplite GTR Cockpit, you have the advantage of having a responsive and easily reachable customer service in French.
We agree that the Oplite GTR Racing simulator seat has fewer drawbacks than it does advantages. Nevertheless, we have drawn up a list of its few negative points, which are nevertheless important.
First of all, this play chair is quite heavy and cumbersome. Its dimensions and especially its weight of 33 kg, do not allow you to move it as you wish and it takes up a lot of space. Moreover, this model is not foldable.
The design of the Oplite GTR Racing is quite simple. The brand seems to have focused solely on the seat’s adjustability and sturdiness, thus neglecting the visual aspect of the model, which is only available in one color.
It is a pity that the gearshift support as well as the screen support are not provided, as well as the screws for the mounting of the pedal and the steering wheel. All of this implies a budget to spend on additional accessories, if you don’t already have them at home.
Where to get it and for how much?
The Oplite GTR Racing Simulator Seat is not for sale on the official Oplite brand website. It can only be purchased from retailers, who are listed directly by Oplite on the product sheet of the model.
However, you can find it on some sites, such as Amazon.fr.
We recommend that you be careful with overly tempting offers on used product buying and selling sites. Sometimes there are very good opportunities, but be very careful and vigilant if you choose to buy a used gaming chair.
We already knew that the French brand Oplite made very high quality simulation seats, the Oplite GTR Cockpit confirms it once again.
This gaming chair is one of the best in its range in terms of quality-price. It offers an adaptability, robustness and comfort that few models offer at this price.
It is a model that will satisfy both beginners and advanced players, as long as they have the space to install it.
We can’t help but recommend the Oplite GTR Cockpit, which has only a few minor flaws that are quickly forgotten in the face of the pleasure it gives you during play and which, moreover, should last you for many years.
Oplite GTR S3
A high-end simulation seat for complete immersion.