- Its high manufacturing quality, with high quality materials and advanced technology, offering increased realism during the game.
- Its Load Cell can support up to 100 kg, offering a smoothness and progression that any good Sim-racing player will appreciate.
- Its versatility and numerous adjustments, with adjustable pedals and modifiable brake resistance, as well as the ability to easily change springs and customize settings via the PC software.
- Its complexity of setup and programming, which may seem daunting to less experienced users or those less comfortable with customizing settings.
- Its limited stability, requiring a solid fixation to the cockpit or to the ground to prevent the structure from lifting during use.
- Its exterior, which, although the base and pedals are made of metal, is mostly plastic, which may be disappointing for those looking for a more high-end aesthetic.
Our rating : 9.3/10
Thrustmaster has succeeded in establishing itself in the Sim-racing thanks to its quality products and its development of ever more impressive technologies. He was one of the first to propose a crankset equipped with a Load Cell at the price of an entry-middle range product, allowing the widest possible audience to discover the sensations. This pedalboard is the famous Thrustmaster T-LCMa model that continues to be all the rage among racing simulation enthusiasts.
So we decided to test it for you in order to discover all the secrets of this pedalboard and to tell you everything you need to know about this model.
In this article, we will tell you what are the main main characteristics of of the Thrustmaster T-LCMfor which type of player it is best suited for, what are its advantages and its disadvantages and we will tell you where and at what price you can buy it.
The characteristics of the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedal board
The Thrustmaster T-LCM is a mid-range 3-pedal pedal board and is the first model from the brand to include the Load Cell mechanism.
Here is a list of the main features of this model:
- Year of release: 2020
- The Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard is made of metal and plastic. Its structure is equipped with non-slip materials and 3 metal pedals.
- The position of the three pedals of this model is adjustable in terms of height,inclination orspacing. The calibration software also allows for adjustment of braking power and dead zones for all three pedals.
- The Thrustmaster T-LCM’s large, textured footrest anticipates any slippage and prevents uncontrolled skids.
- This Thrustmaster model is equipped with H.E.A.R.T. technology with magnetic sensors, without contact or potentiometer, offering the possibility to enjoy an unlimited life span as well as an optimal precision.
- The Thrustmaster T-LCM is also equipped with Load Cell technology , which allows for up to 100 kg of pressure and therefore better brake pedal control.
- The mechanical braking force is adjustable with the 6 spring kit supplied with the crankset for a multitude of quick adjustments.
- The Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard is compatible with the PC via USB with all steering wheels on the market. Windows as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles. It is also compatible with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Xbox One with the T-GT, T300, T150, TS-XW, TX and TMX steering wheels. On PlayStation or Xbox One games (via RJ12 cable) the T-LCM resolution is 12 bits per pedal.
- Dimensions: 45.3 cm x 40.6 cm x 29.3 cm (L x W x H)
- Weight: 5.3 kg
For what type of person?
Thrustmaster’s T-LCM pedalboard is a great set of Load Cell pedals that are suitable for both beginner sim racers and more regular players.
It may seem a bit complex for absolute beginners, but it’s really perfect for more advanced and demanding runners looking for realism.
It is compatible with virtually every racing game on the market, so you can enjoy a variety of games. Whether you’re a Formula 1 fan or prefer to race NASCAR, the Thrustmaster T-LCM will give you satisfaction.
We took the time to test the Thrustmaster T-LCMpedalboard, which allowed us to discover the advantages of this model.
We were immediately won over by the high quality of manufacture of the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard. This model is made of high quality materials and equipped with state-of-the-art technology and it shows in the game. Both the base and the pedals are made of metal, which makes this model look like it came straight out of a race car and offers even more realism during the game. The open brake pedal spring, while functional, is also beautiful and the pedals really breathe quality. The T-LCM is heavy and sturdy which helps keep it planted on the ground, a handy feature when braking hard.
We were obviously seduced by the the brake the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard, which features an impressive impressive Load Cell that can support up to 100 kg. Feeling good pressure on the accelerator pedal is crucial to grabbing those tenths of a second that can give you that long-awaited win. In this case, the T-LCM more than performs, as it combines smoothness and progression that any good Sim-racing player will appreciate. The pedals also use Thrustmaster’s HEART technology, which essentially helps extend their life while offering a lot of precision and realism that definitely shines through even after just a few turns with these pedals.
We also liked the fact that the Thrustmaster T-LCM offers many functions and settings. As mentioned earlier, the 3 pedals are adjustable but so is the brake resistance. There are 6 springs included with the pedals, varying in different strengths of resistance. These can be easily interchanged with each other to provide a very specific level of resistance. With the PC-based software, you can connect your pedals using the included USB cable and change things like dead zones and braking force, which is ideal for those who want even more control over their individual pedal settings.
In our test of the Thrustmaster T-LCMpedalboard, this model revealed to us that it was obviously not perfect and that it therefore had certain disadvantages.
In our opinion, one of the disadvantages of the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard is that it can be a bit complex to set up and to understand. With all the customization and adjustment possibilities of these pedals, they may seem a little difficult to handle at first. Being able to program them is great for those who know what they’re doing, but if you’re a little intimidated by all the options, you’re certainly not alone. But if you want to get the most out of these pedals, you’ll need to learn how to change the springs and play with the software. With this model, you don’t just plug in the pedalboard and play if you really want to get the most out of it.
We also discovered that even though the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard is heavyheavy, it it still lacks stability. Indeed, we can only recommend you to screw it on your cockpit if you have one, or to find a way to fix it to the ground if you don’t have one. The force you’ll find yourself applying to these pedals, even on the lowest resistance settings, causes the structure to lift off the ground almost instantly when you put your foot on it.
We were a little disappointed by the exterior appearance of the Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboard. In fact, the manufacturer has chosen to use important plastic elements since the entire external structure of the crankset is made of this material. This is a surprise for us since the brand boasts of offering a 100% metal model, which is clearly not the case here. The base is plastic and the materials are not chromed or have any additional treatment, which is part of what makes this model sold at such a low price for the features it offers.
Where to get it and for how much?
The pedalboard Thrustmaster T-LCM is available for sale for €229.99 on the official Thrustmaster website.
You can also find this model on sale at other retailers, sometimes at a more interesting price depending on the promotions available, such as on Amazon.fr
You can find Thrustmaster T-LCM pedalboards on second-hand websites such as Le Bon Coin or Vinted. However, be very careful about possible scams and make sure to check the condition of the equipment before you decide to buy anything.
Overall, the T-LCM pedalboard from Thrustmaster pedalboard is a great option for beginners or anyone looking to or anyone looking to put aside their potentiometer pedals and take it to the next level with Load Cell.
This model is of a high quality of manufacture quality and also offers fantastic playing sensation gameplay and a very realistic immersion. Its plastic side is quickly forgotten thanks to its numerous adjustment and customization options.
If you are looking for a model with a good quality-price ratio that won’t disappoint you in terms of feel, we can only recommend the Thrustmaster T-LCM, l’one of the best on the market at this price.
A very realistic pedalboard perfect for beginners