Fanatec ClubSport V3
- Incredibly realistic sensations thanks to the 90 kg load cell
- High adaptability to customize and adjust the pedalboard to your preferences
- Excellent manufacturing quality
- Incredible accuracy thanks to non-contact sensors
- Good value for money
- Compatible with all platforms
- Quite high price
- Vibration function not available for all games
- Does not offer the possibility to be reversed (to better simulate the pedals in GT mode)
Our rating : 9.4/10
Every experienced player knows that pedals are the most important thing when it comes to Sim-racing. However, this element is very often neglected by beginners, who tend to think, wrongly, that only the steering wheel is essential. And yet, without a good pedals regardless of the steering wheel used, theimmersion and the feeling of realism during the game will always be very limited. But which pedalboard to choose? This is not the most obvious choice to make.
So we decided to test one of the models of the emblematic German manufacturer Fanatec: the Fanatec ClubSport V3 crankset.
In this article, we will tell you everything that our test revealed about this pedalboard model from Fanatec. We will tell you what are its key featuresto which type of player we recommend it to, what are its advantages and its disadvantages, how much it costs and where you can get it.
The characteristics of the Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedalboard
The Fanatec ClubSport V3 is a high-end three-pedal Load Cell pedalboard.
We have listed its main characteristics:
- Year of release: 2016
- The Fanatec ClubSport V3 crankset is made from CNC machinedaluminum and features a wide footrest and 3 aluminum pedals.
- Fanatec’s V3 offers the ultimate in adjustability: the pedal position is adjustable in all directions, but it is also possible to adjust the angle, spring force on the throttle, brake sensitivity and brake travel.
- The pedals resolution pedals pedals of this model include a resolution of 12-bit resolution resolution and feature a pressure-sensitive brake with a 90 kg load cell made to measure. Stiffness and braking stroke are adjustable without tools via the wheel setting menu and during the stroke.
- The Fanatec ClubSport V3 has two metal rods with plastic spacers included in the LC to prevent lateral pedal movement.
- The stops for the gas pedal and clutch pedals can be rotated to provide different travel options and allow you to really feel the power of the pedals.
- The Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedalboard features a vibration motor on the accelerator pedal to simulate ABS and indicate tire lock-up (play control is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK with Fanatec wheels).
- This Fanatec model includes alternative racing plates with a curved design.
- The design of the Fanatec ClubSport V3 throttle pedal allows for quick spring replacement. Two springs of different strengths are included with this model.
- This pedalboard is compatible with multiple platforms (PlayStation, Xbox and PC), depending solely on the platform compatibility of the base/race wheel that will be connected.
- The Fanatec ClubSport V3 offers the option of plugging directly into a Fanatec CSL/CSW wheel base or using it as a stand-alone USB device.
- This Fanatec crankset is compatible with the color kits to allow a perfect visual customization as well as with the shock absorber kit for gas pedal and brake, sold in option.
- Dimensions: 43 cm x 28 cm x 43 cm (L x W x H)
- Weight : 7,94 kg
For what type of person?
In our opinion, even if the Fanatec ClubSport V3 is very expensive, it is not reserved exclusively for very experienced players. It is very suitable for novice players also, as long as they can afford it.
This model works very well on games like rally, drifts or even GTHowever, we found it a bit limited in games such as iRacing.
We were able to test the Fanatec ClubSport V3 crankset and we found out what the advantages of this model were.
What seduced us at first, it is the beautiful Load Cell with which the Fanatec ClubSport V3 is equipped. This pedalboard comes with a 90 kg Load Cell to simulate the race track as accurately and as roughly as a real car pedalboard could. The pressure-sensitive brake pedal vibrates to simulate ABS and tire lock-up. Just as force feedback immerses you in the race through your hands, these pedals will do it through your feet.
Secondly, we greatly appreciated the high adaptability ClubSport V3 pedalboard from Fanatec. With this model, you will be able to customize and adjust your pedalboard to your liking. You can change the position of the pedals, their angles, the strength of the throttle spring, and the sensitivity or travel of the brakes. The manufacturer Fanatec even decided to include alternative D-shaped racing plates in a curved design that are ideal and work great as standing pedals. For us, if all pedalboards could be so adjustable, it would really be a dream.
Another big advantage of the Fanatec ClubSport V3 is its very good quality of manufacture. Fanatec chose to use an all-aluminum construction, which makes this crankset both beautiful and heavy and resistant. The use of non-contact sensors is also a guarantee of high quality. These magnetic sensors on the throttle and clutch will give you lifetime accuracy and four times the resolution of the previous version of these pedals.
Finally, we find that the Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedalboard offers very good quality-price ratio. It is not cheap, but considering all the advantages it offers and its wide compatibility with all platforms (PlayStation, Xbox and PC), it is a model that is a very good investment and, moreover, it promises to work for many years.
Even though the Fanatec ClubSport V3 seduced us with its many advantages, our test of this model revealed that it still had some disadvantages.
In our opinion, the price of the Fanatec ClubSport V3 is by far the most unfavorable aspect of this crankset. This crankset is still very expensive, since if you compare it, its price is about the same as a good non direct drive wheel. And the inverted V3 costs almost half the price of a direct drive wheel. This is a very big investment! These pedals are of good quality and offer good value for money, but it must be recognized that this is a model that is not financially accessible to all audiences given its cost.
We were also somewhat disappointed to discover that while the Fanatec ClubSport V3 offers a vibration function and brake pedal vibration function, it is unfortunately not supported by all the not supported by all the games. We also found these vibration engines to be a bit fancy, especially on games like iRacing. Admittedly, this Thrustmaster pedalboard is one of the manufacturer’s older models and therefore lacks some of the major technological breakthroughs that other models from the brand or its competitors have.
Finally, unlike the inverted V3 model, the Fanatec ClubSport V3 does not offer the possibility of being inverted to better simulate the pedals in GT mode. On this model we have a mandatory floor articulation in race car mode.
Where to get it and for how much?
The pedal board Fanatec ClubSport V3 is available for sale for 399,95 € on the official website of Fanatec.
Unlike its competitors, Fanatec does not partner with other resellers. Their products are exclusively sold on their official website, unfortunately you can’t buy them new anywhere else.
However, it is possible that you will find this model for sale on second-hand websites, such as Vinted or Le Bon Coin. To avoid unpleasant surprises, however, we recommend that you pay close attention to the condition of the pedalboard before purchasing it.
We found that the Fanatec ClubSport V3 was a pedalboard in every way.. It is an expensive model, but it is still reasonable when compared to all the Fanatec products and, above all, it offers a very high quality of service.n unequalled pleasure of play.
Its elegance, its quality of manufactureits precisionits power and its adaptability will give you so much more control over your car that it will be hard to go back to playing without these pedals that give you an incredible gaming sensation.
If you can afford the Fanatec ClubSport V3 cranksetWe recommend it with our eyes closed. For us, it is really theone of the best models on the market.
Fanatec ClubSport V3
One of the best sim racing cranksets on the market